Founded in 1894, the Washington Golf and Tennis Club is one of the oldest and most historic clubs in the country. In 2005 FLA was brought in to design a hardscape plan for the tennis facility, while keeping in mind the historic nature of the club. Our design reflects a sophisticated approach and attention to detail.
For this large government building, an interior urban plaza was created to facilitate outdoor gathering and interest for workers while taking a break or eating lunch. Artificial turf provides year round greenery, while a large fountain creates pleasant background noise. The great swirl of the colored concrete provides movement for rare occasions when special vehicular traffic is required and an inviting natural flow to the ground place.